Content marketing is big. A really, really big one. It’s generating $10.1 billion for the United States alone!
I know, it’s crazy. But aside from the implications of this industry, content marketing is an absolute game-changer for businesses.
If you’re not using content to spur your business, chances are you’re missing out on a lot of money or new customers. I’ve created this blog post to show you why every business absolutely needs a content plan.
Content will drive in new traffic
Whether you’re just starting out or planning a rebrand, content is a must. As a rule of thumb, you should have at least 100 pieces of content planned and prepared to publish at any given time.
Content marketing is the cornerstone of a successful online marketing strategy. It’s where you get people engaged with your brand, and it’s what converts them into customers.
Content marketing isn’t just about producing written content, though. It’s about engaging with your audience, whether that means sharing links to your blog on social media or posting a video on YouTube.
Your brand’s online presence should be tailored to your audience.
If you have an educational audience, for example, you shouldn’t be posting a lot of funny memes and cat pictures. Your content should be informative, engaging and helpful — and ideally, it should drive them to take action.
Content is king and SEO is the kingdom
Content marketing can be one of the most beneficial aspects of your digital marketing strategy. In fact, content is often one of the most valuable ways to promote your products online.
But, as with any marketing tactic, content marketing isn’t a one-time plan. It needs constant attention.
This is why having a content plan is so important.
A content plan will lay out specific goals for your content, while also helping you determine the most effective content to produce.
Content is a great way to attract influencers
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. But what about a video? Or a blog post? Today, having quality, engaging content on your site is often the biggest difference between a website that attracts visitors and one that fails to attract traffic.
The key to making your website stand out is to produce top-notch content, and lots of it. However, creating compelling, high-quality content isn’t easy. It’s time-consuming and often expensive. That’s why so many companies turn to content marketing agencies to help them with their content needs.
But there are more creative ways to attract high-value visitors to your website. And when it comes to content marketing, one of the best ways to attract influencers and attention is with guest blogging.
Guest blogging is the practice of publishing articles on third-party websites. While guest posts used to be a way to gain some exposure for your blog, now they’re used to gain exposure to an influencer’s audience.
Here are some tips on using guest blogging to attract high-quality traffic
1. Know your audience, and the audience of the influencer. If you’re going to approach an influencer to write a guest post for your blog, it’s essential that you understand their audience. Are they mostly men aged 25 to 40? If so, you might want to pitch a guest post to a site focused on younger audiences. Or, if you’re in the travel space, you might talk to an influencer whose audience is mostly women.
2. Choose a high-traffic site. Not all blogs are created equal. You want to find a site that’s popular enough that the audience it attracts is relevant to your business.
3. Know the site’s guidelines and follow them. Before sending in a guest post pitch, check the guidelines of the site. They may have specific word counts, guidelines about the types of posts they prefer, or anything else they
Content can be repackaged and marketed with ease
Content marketing is all the rage these days. As businesses grow, they turn to content marketing to grow with them. Businesses large and small are creating eBooks, white papers, and podcasts. Some even use video, infographics, and other tools as ways to engage potential customers.
The problem is, getting your content to market is only the first step. Once it’s online, it’s up to you to make sure it gets seen. This is where having a content plan comes in.
A content plan (sometimes called a “content calendar”) is a document that makes clear the topics, formats and distribution channels for any content you plan to create. Having a content plan will help you:
1. Create and market content, more efficiently: When you have an outline of your planned content, you know exactly what topics need to be covered and when. Using your plan, you can create a list of content ideas, plan out a schedule, and decide which format will work best.
2. Create engaging content: When you have a plan, you can spend less time figuring out what to say and more time actually saying it. Instead of doing keyword research and putting together a broad strategy for content marketing, with an outline in place you can focus your efforts on creating engaging, useful content.
3. Get more eyes on your content marketing: When you have a plan, you can target specific audiences and channels for your content marketing. Instead of spreading yourself thin, you can focus on creating informative or entertaining content for a specific audience.
4. Measure results of your content marketing efforts: Using a content plan, you can track the performance of your content. You can measure how many visitors each piece of content gets, how long they stay on your site, and which channels traffic comes from.
Marketing Software will keep you on track
To manage content, you need a lot more than a word processor. You need a system to organize and store content, a system to generate content, a system to distribute content, and a system to keep track of content at every stage.
You need a system that creates a workflow, so that everyone knows who is doing what, and when. Your system should make it easy for editors to review, approve, and publish content, and for writers to create it. Your system should make it easy to store and review content. It should make it easy to find content, even stuff you thought you deleted.
How do you manage all this? You can’t do it with a word processor. You need a system.
The best systems include features for content management, distribution, review, approval, proofing, and revision. Your system should make it easy to share content. It should make it easy to archive content. It should make it easy to find content. It should make it easy to reuse content. It should make it easy to track content.
If you are working with a team of writers or editors, you should review the system to make sure it fits your team. If you are working with a team of contributors, you should review the system to make sure it fits your team. If you are working with a team of editors, you should review the system to make sure it fits your team.
If you work in a small shop, you won’t have to consider all the choices. If you are working for a large company, you’ll have to make many choices.
And even if you have a small shop, you should always consider what happens when you grow. If you are going to hire writers, for example, you need a system that you can use to manage them, too. If you are going to hire editors, you need a system that you can use to manage them, too. If you are going to hire contributors, you need a system that you can use to manage them, too.
The best systems offer all these features.